The metalwork collection

The Ursulines’ metalwork collection holds a dozen pieces of Parisian silverware anterior to 1717. This ensemble, imported from France, was completed with works by Quebec silversmiths, such as the sanctuary lamp made in 1739 to celebrate the centennial anniversary of the Ursulines’ arrival in Quebec City. Finally, pewter ware, known as « the poor man’s silver » and very popular in the 17th century, is also represented in the collection, although in lesser quantities.